The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene ‘Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua’ (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five-year initiative to assist Government of Indonesia in increasing access to water and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable population. Implemented by DAI Global LLC, IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following “high level” results:
1. An increase of one million people in urban areas with access to improved water supply services of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population; and
2. An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to an improved sanitation facility and all of whom are from the poorest 40% of the population.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, IUWASH PLUS undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) Improving household WASH services; 2) Strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) Strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) Advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication.
To achieve these outcomes IUWASH-PLUS need high caliber incumbent to fill the position of
Senior Sanitation Institutional Specialist based in Jakarta Office (JOB CODE : SSIS-JKT)
Task and Responsibility:
The primary objective of the Senior Sanitation Institutional Specialist is to coordinate IUWASH PLUS programs in the development and strengthening of sustainable local sanitation management units (UPTD, PDAM, PD PAL), through capacity building of sanitation providers and enhancing their relations with external stakeholders (local, provincial and national level). Specifically, the Senior Specialist Institutional Sanitation will support the IUWASH PLUS Project’s achievement of Sanitation related targets under Component Two: “Strengthening city WASH institutional performance”.
The Senior Sanitation Institutional Specialist Institutional Sanitation will support the coordination of the IUWASH PLUS Institutional Sanitation program activities implemented at all IUWASH PLUS target location as well as with stakeholders at provincial and national level (GOI, donors, Pokja-AMPL, and others). His responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
· Support IUWASH PLUS Regional program activities on Institutional Sanitation through:
o Assuring that WW operator is established, functional in term of staffing, budgeting, technical operational, and services
o Preparation of IUWASH annual work plans and budgets resulting in agreed action plans, incorporating cost-sharing and /or leveraging of local and National stakeholders.
o Monitoring and Reporting of Institutional Sanitation activities in all IUWASH PLUS locations, in line with approved project proposals and budgets, including assisting with preparation of SOW for field activities implemented by regional teams (STTA, events, subcontracts, trainings, exchange visits, etc.), monitoring of sanitation Index for WW operator
o Maintaining regular contact with Regional Urban Sanitation Specialists, joining regular IUWASH meetings, and providing advice to Regional Managers, National Coordinator Urban Sanitation as wellas Institutional Development Advisor on priority technical issues.
· Support IUWASH PLUS activities with National stakeholders on Institutional Sanitation in:
o Identifying and liaising with and support of national and international stakeholders, who are (or will be) involved in the implementation of Institutional Sanitation activities.
o Supporting further development and mainstreatming of Urban Sanitation Framework as basis for Institutional Sanitation, combined with mainstreaming Standard Operating Procedures for the Urban Sanitation Operators, local sanitation regulations and capacity building / training activities for local sanitation operator staff
o Identifying opportunities for leveraging funds from other institutions (donor, government, etc) to increase access to improved Sanitation, assisting parties with the development of concrete proposals and support implementation, where needed.
· Ensure strong linkages between Institutional Sanitation program of Component 2 with other programs and activities in the same Component, as well as with other IUWASH PLUS Components, including: Component 1, Improving household WASH services; Component 3, Strengthening the WASH financing environment; and Component 4, Advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication.
· Identify opportunities and support activities to utilize the Local Sustainability & Innovation Fund to advance increased safe water access to poorest 40% of the population.
· In conjunction with the IUWASH PLUS M&E team, implement the institutional sanitation monitoring program to assess the quality and effectiveness of IUWASH PLUS interventions, including direct support, where required, of the IUWASH PLUS Activity Monitoring Plan (AMP).
· In collaboration with other sanitation team will assess capacity building need for waste water operator and develop necessary tools and training material including Standard Operating Procedure and Working Instruction for WW Operator
· Input related to the above for IUWASH biweekly, quarterly, annual and other reports as well as workplans.
· Annually updated and accurate Sanitation Index.
· Provision of timely and accurate sanitation-related data in accordance with the IUWASH PLUS Activity Monitoring and Evaluation Plan (AEMP)
· Technical reports, articles and other publications related to the above.
· Possess at least a university degree (S1) majoring in Sosial Science, Technology/Engineering, Law
· At least fifteen (15) years of experiences in formation of public service institution (UPTD,BLUD, BUMD)
· Understanding of waste water, sanitation and hygiene issues is an advantage
· Has experiences and good understanding in planning and local finance policy
· Has experiences and good understanding in local government regulation
· Excellent team player with a range of people, excellent interpersonal skills, with experience in community facilitation, training and organizing work
· Preferable has experience and understanding in training development for local government
· Has experience working with central and local government, also donor agency
· Experience in report writing, preferable in English
Expected Start Date : Available immediately
Interested applicants are invited to send a complete application with 3 references to IUWASH_plus_recruitment@dai.com or email@example.com before March 15, 2018. Please write the job CODE in the subject line of the email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.