The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five-year initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. USAID IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following “high level” results:
1. An increase of one million people in urban areas with access to improved water supply service quality, of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population (also referred to as the “Bottom 40%” or “B40”), vulnerable groups or Indonesia’s eastern provinces; and
2. An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to safely managed sanitation.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, USAID IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems, so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, the program undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) improving household WASH services; 2) strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication. In support of these components, IUWASH PLUS also implements a Local Sustainability and Innovation Component (LSIC) that is designed to stimulate WASH innovations that strengthen community, private sector and government WASH service provision.
To achieve these outcomes IUWASH-PLUS is currently seeking qualified candidates to fill the positions of
Procurement Associate based in Jakarta for National Office (JOB Code : PCA-JKT)
The Procurement Associate will assist in managing the procurement process for all services and commodities purchased utilizing the project’s general fund or under the Sustainability & Innovation Fund (SIF) within the National and WJDT offices. Under the general fund, she will work with the Administrative & Procurement Officer (APO), assisting in the development of RFP/Q, the solicitation and evaluation of bids, and generating Purchase Order agreements, and subsequent financial and performance reviews, etc. Under the SI Fund, she will work with the LISA Coordinator, assisting in the development of RFP/RFQ/RFA, the sollicitation and evaluation of proposals, preparing grant or other types of agreements, as well as in subsequent contract modifications, financial and performance reviews, etc.
Procurement Management: Assist the APO in coordinating the procurement of project commodities and services from initiation to closing. In accordance with all applicable DAI and USAID policies, rules and regulations, this involves:
• Identifying procurement requirements and clarifying specifications;
• Confirming budget availability and charge points;
• Solliciting and evaluating proposals, bids, quotations;
• Preparing source selection memoranda;
• Monitoring of contractor / supplier performance in close association with other assigned (”persons-in-charge”);
• Planning of procurement actions, including the scheduling of regular and “blanket” procurement actions;
• Ensuring all non-expendable and expendable supplies and equipment are procured in strict accordance with project procurement guidelines.
• Ensuring that DAI ethical standaards are closely followed and rasing any concerns to supervisors, the DCOP/Operations or COP.
• Ensuring that roles, responsibilities and authority levels for each procurement threshold are closely adhered to;
• Ensuring that all information is well-documented and that files are maintained in full compliance with the Project Record Map;
• Conducting SAM verification for all vendors;
• Making arrangements for timely delivery of procured commodities.
• Arranging for the execution of procurement contracts (POs, FPPOs, etc.);
• Coordinating with the receiving staff for the delivery goods and/or other items or services ordered and ensuring there are systyems in place to / evaluate accept such goods or servcies;
• Work closely with Finance to ensure that payment requests are processed in a timely fashion;
• Ensure that all relevant information is entered into the project TAMIS;
• Perform other tasks and duties consistent with the above.
Sustainability/Innovation Fund: Assist the LISA Coordinator in coordinating the procurement of project commodities and services from initiation to closing using Grant or Subcontract mechanism. In accordance with all applicable DAI and USAID policies, rules and regulations, that involves all duties in the procurement management stated above.
Expected Start Date : March 2019
Minimum General Qualifications:
• A bachelor’s degree in a relevant fields;
• At least 5 to 10 years of experience in Procurement, Administration and Logistic.
• Having experience in implementing prequalification process.
• Experience in report writing, preferable in English
• Experience in working with International Donor Agency Program, USAID programs is highly desirable.
Interested applicants are invited to send a complete application with 3 references to IUWASH_Plus_Recruitment@dai.com or firstname.lastname@example.org before February 12, 2019. Please write the job CODE in the subject line of the email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.