The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five-and-a-half-year initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. USAID IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following “high level” results:
1. An increase of 1,100,000 people in urban areas with access to improved water supply service quality, of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population (also referred to as the “Bottom 40%” or “B40”), vulnerable groups or Indonesia’s eastern provinces; and
2. An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to safely managed sanitation.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, USAID IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems, so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, the program undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) improving household WASH services; 2) strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication. In support of these components, USAID IUWASH PLUS also implements a Local Sustainability and Innovation Component (LSIC) that is designed to stimulate WASH innovations that strengthen community, private sector and government WASH service provision.
To achieve these outcomes IUWASH-PLUS need high caliber candidate to fill the position of
Knowledge Management and Advocacy Specialist based in Jakarta Office (JOB CODE : KMAS-JKT)
The primary objective of the Knowledge Management and Advocacy Specialist is to develop and manage a robust knowledge management program and
lead the advocacy works to promote the USAID IUWASH PLUS signatures programs to USAID IUWASH PLUS key partners including relevant Ministries
and Institutions at national and regional levels. Specifically, the Knowledge Management and Advocacy Specialist will support the USAID IUWASH
PLUS Project’s achievement of governance related targets under Component Four: “Advancing National WASH Advocacy, Coordination, and Communication”,
which are ‘number of signature programs developed’ and ‘Number of national level WASH policies, regulations, guidelines or frameworks developed,
strengthened, or adopted’.
The Knowledge Management and Advocacy Specialist will support the Advocacy and Communication Advisor at the national and regional levels through
managing and overseeing project-level knowledge management program, advocacy works, and related support. His/Her responsibilities will include, but not be
limited to the following:
Support the USAID IUWASH PLUS knowledge management program, through:
* In coordination with National Coordinator for Project Communication, ensuring the knowledge management program to capture, disseminate, and effectively
use the knowledge and best practices generated from USAID IUWASH PLUS to enhance the performance of the project and WASH sector in Indonesia is well
* Developing the framework of at least five signature programs based on the USAID IUWASH PLUS works.
* Developing the USAID IUWASH PLUS best practices and appropriate tools/guidelines to support the implementation and replication of signature programs by
USAID IUWASH PLUS key partners.
* Ensuring the availability of resources in support of the above, including through the appropriate knowledge events.
* In collaboration with project national and regional staff, identify and integrate into annual and other work plans project knowledge management and advocacy
Support the Advocacy and Communication Advisor/Component 4 Team Lead in coordinating and implementing advocacy works directed at National stakeholders, including:
* Developing and maintaining strong relations with key partners from the GOI, other donors, NGOs, CSOs, and other relevant partners;
* Defining needs and opportunities to share knowledge, best practices, and approaches generated by USAID IUWASH PLUS to enhance and influence
dialogue on key sector issues and promote replication;
* With Media Engagement Specialist, designing strategy and implementing media advocacy works to bring important concerns of the public to the attention
of the government, and improve everyone’s understanding of sector issues.
Identify opportunities and support activities to advance improved WASH access to poorest 40% of the population, through innovative approach and the
appropriate regulatory frameworks.
· A bachelor’s or master’s degree in a relevant field from either technical or social science, such as environmental engineering, environmental
management, communication, public relation, public administration or other relevant fields.
· At least eight (8) years of experience in managing knowledge management program;
· At least five (5) years of experience working in advocacy works involving government stakeholders at national or regional level;
· Possesses good writing skill to support the knowledge management program and advocacy works, including policy paper, best practices, and
other relevant documents;
· Possesses basic communication and facilitation skills, including moderating discussion and knowledge events;
· Possesses good verbal and written communications skills in Bahasa Indonesia and English;
· Has experience in managing implementing partners from relevant institutions other than government such as donors, CSOs, and NGOs;
· Understanding of water, sanitation and hygiene issues is an advantage;
· Flexibility to work on evenings and weekends on occasion, and to travel substantially within Indonesia.
Expected Start Date: Early June 2019
Interested applicants are invited to send a complete application with 3 references to IUWASH_plus_recruitment@dai.com or email@example.com before May 12, 2019. Please write the job CODE in the subject line of the email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.