The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five-and-a-half-year initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. USAID IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following “high level” results:
1. An increase of 1,100,000 people in urban areas with access to improved water supply service quality, of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population (also referred to as the “Bottom 40%” or “B40”), vulnerable groups or Indonesia’s eastern provinces; and
2. An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to safely managed sanitation.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, USAID IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems, so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, the program undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) improving household WASH services; 2) strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication. In support of these components, USAID IUWASH PLUS also implements a Local Sustainability and Innovation Component (LSIC) that is designed to stimulate WASH innovations that strengthen community, private sector and government WASH service provision.
To achieve these outcomes IUWASH-PLUS need high caliber candidate to fill the position of
GIS/Spatial Mapping Associate, based in Surakarta for Central Java Regional Offices (JOB Code: GISMA-CJRO)
The primary objective of the GIS / Spatial Mapping Associate is to develop and mainstream the usage of GIS and MIS capability on spatial planning and program mapping, as a support to IUWASH PLUS stakeholders (PDAMs, PEMDA, UPTD, etc.) to increase their capacity to utilize GIS and MIS in their planning and field activities. In addition to supporting the utilization of GIS technology to manage water and sanitation spatial data to support the SECO NRW reduction program implementation, the GIS/ Spatial Mapping Associate will also support the operation of MIS LLTT for UPTD’s and MIS Web GIS / Mapping of Service Area Coverages Application for PDAM’s.
While the GIS / Spatial mapping Specialist works primarily in Component Two: “Strengthening City WASH Institutional Performance”, he/ she will also support GIS / spatial mapping activities across all IUWASH PLUS components and SECO.
His/ Her responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Support Component 2 and Regional teams for GIS/MIS related activities of water and sanitation.
• Support the implementation of KKMA programs through field surveys and GIS analysis for spring recharge areas.
• Monitoring of GIS / Spatial Mapping activities in all project partners, including PDAM’s and UPTD PAL’s, as directed.
• Provide GIS support for SECO team on NRW reduction program, including preparation of survey app and training for survey administrators and enumerators and maintenance of survey data.
• Provide capacity building for project Partners in GIS activities/ spatial data development
• Support the installation and operation of MIS LLTT application for UPTD PAL’s
• Monitor the utilization of MIS LLTT application and ensuring that UPTD PAL operate the application for every process of fecal sludge service.
• Provide support the installation and operation of MIS Web GIS/ Mapping of Service Area Coverages application for PDAM’s
• Monitoring the utilization of MIS Web GIS/ Mapping of Service Area Coverages application and ensuring the PDAMs are able to operate the application
Minimum General Qualifications:
The interested candidates must have a Geo-science background, have expertise in Spatial data development and analyzing, have good ability to train and facilitate the use of GIS technology. In addition, he/ she must have a basic understanding of web-based and adroid applications
• Bachelor in Geo-science
• At least 3 years of work experience in the GIS field, including; spatial data development, overlay analysis, digital cartography, database management, GIS trainer / facilitator, etc.
• Expert in operating of popular GIS softwares, FOSS GIS such as QGIS is preferable
• Skilled in field data collection using GPS and smartphone
• Good knowledge and skill in spatial data development and analysis
• Experience as a GIS trainer or facilitator
• Understand a basic of web-based and android application development, and computer operations
• Good communication skill
• Preferably fluent in English, reading and writing
Expected Start Date : October 2019
Interested applicants are invited to send a complete application with 3 references to IUWASH_plus_recruitment@dai.com before September 25, 2019. Please write the job CODE in the subject line of the email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.