The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five-and-a-half-year initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. USAID IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following “high level” results:
1. An increase of 1,100,000 people in urban areas with access to improved water supply service quality, of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population (also referred to as the “Bottom 40%” or “B40”), vulnerable groups or Indonesia’s eastern provinces; and
2. An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to safely managed sanitation.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, USAID IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems, so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, the program undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) improving household WASH services; 2) strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication. In support of these components, USAID IUWASH PLUS also implements a Local Sustainability and Innovation Component (LSIC) that is designed to stimulate WASH innovations that strengthen community, private sector and government WASH service provision.
The Swiss State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO) acting through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) share the mutual goal of improving performance of water utilities to increase access to clean water in Indonesia, particularly to address two technical challenges that are especially impactful: (1) high rates of non-revenue water (NRW); and (2) poor energy efficiency (EE). To provide a comprehensive and measurable NRW reduction and EE improvement in Indonesia, SECO agreed to co-finance USAID for a three-year technical assistance program, implemented under the current USAID IUWASH PLUS program with seven PDAMs in two regions, i.e. West Java and Central Java provinces.
To achieve these outcomes IUWASH-PLUS need high caliber candidate to fill the position of
Administrative Associate based in Jakarta for WJDT Regional Office (Job Code: AA-WJDT)
The Administrative Associate is responsible for administrative duties to mainly support WJDT Regional Office and National Office as required; assist in travel arrangement, conduct routine secretarial duties, liaise with counterpart administrative departments, assist with preparing official communication to project counterparts and clients, maintain files, coordinate the distribution of official documents, and arrange meetings and travels. In addition, she will also assist and provide translation and interpreter services as required.
• Receiving calls and ensuring any messages are quickly forwarded to appropriate individuals.
• Arranging meetings and other managing other schedules for IUWASH Plus team member.
• Preparing all packages and documents for mail, courier and messenger; and supervising their distribution.
• Assist in scheduling drivers and vehicle movements.
• Receiving guests.
• Assisting in sending letters/documents, scanned, to partners, agencies and other government entities.
• Assuming the duties of the other Administrative Assistants in periods of absence.
• Maintain records related to and closely track employee utilization of annual, holiday, sick and other leave.
• Undertaking other assignments that may be given from time to time as appropriate by Primary & Secondary supervisor.
Travel Logistic and Workshop Coordinator
• Serve as point of contact for all travel and logistic need for regional and national office, if required;
• Serve as point of contact for travel management especially dealing with the travel agents, hotels and airlines in the regions
• As main person in charge on administrative support for IUWASH PLUS large event mainly in the regional office
• As a main administrative support on daily basis
• Take notes, draft official letters, translate documents and do filling system
• Assist in the production of reports and documents.
• Manage calendar of meeting, workshop and other time obligations
• Back up project accountant in maintaining petty cash for National and WJDT activities
• Other miscellaneous tasks as may be required.
Minimum General Qualifications:
• A bachelor’s degree in a relevant fields;
• At least 5 years experiences handling administration, logistics, travel arrangement etc.
• Good communication skill and experience working with multi stakeholder: government, community, private sectors, vendors etc.
• Excellent communication skills both in English and Bahasa Indonesia, as well as good computer skills.
• Experience in working with International Donor Agency Program, USAID Programs is highly desirable
Expected Start Date: October 2019
Interested applicants are invited to send a complete application with 3 references to IUWASH_plus_recruitment@dai.com before September 22, 2019. Please write the job CODE in the subject line of the email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.