(Job Code : RWSE-CJRO)
The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five-and-a-half-year initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. USAID IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following “high level” results:
- An increase of 1,100,000 people in urban areas with access to improved water supply service quality, of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population (also referred to as the “Bottom 40%” or “B40”), vulnerable groups or Indonesia’s eastern provinces; and
- An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to safely managed sanitation.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, USAID IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems, so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, the program undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) improving household WASH services; 2) strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication. In support of these components, USAID IUWASH PLUS also implements a Local Sustainability and Innovation Component (LSIC) that is designed to stimulate WASH innovations that strengthen community, private sector and government WASH service provision.
The Swiss State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO) acting through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) share the mutual goal of improving performance of water utilities to increase access to clean water in Indonesia, particularly to address two technical challenges that are especially impactful: (1) high rates of non-revenue water (NRW); and (2) poor energy efficiency (EE). To provide a comprehensive and measurable NRW reduction and EE improvement in Indonesia, SECO agreed to co-finance USAID for a three-year technical assistance program, implemented under the current USAID IUWASH PLUS program with seven PDAMs in two regions, i.e. West Java and Central Java provinces.
To achieve these outcomes IUWASH-PLUS need high caliber candidate to fill the positions of
Regional Water Supply Engineer based in Surakarta, for Central Java Regional Office (JOB Code : RWSE-CJRO)
The Regional Water Supply Engineer will work under the direction of the Regional Coordinator (Central Java) as one of the regional program specialists, with special focus on supporting activities and operations at regional level on improving PDAM performance. General tasks include:
Support achievement of project goals and objectives, in particularly to detailed PDAM technical and non-technical programs and activities at regional (Central Java) level;
Coordinating with key stakeholders at regional level, including governmental partners, donor agencies and others
Support close internal coordination among regional SECO and IUWASH PLUS staff (especially with SECO NRW Specialist, Capacity Building Associate and Energy Efficiency Junior Engineer.
Provide institutional support for regional programs for the PDAM performance improvement programs, in accordance with DAI and USAID policies and regulations.
Expected Start Date : May 2020
Minimum General Qualifications:
- At least bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, preferable in Environmental / Technical Engineering;
- Minimum 3 years’ experiences in technical support to PDAMs, including planning and designs of Non-Revenue Reduction Programs (survey’s, baselines, SOP, etc)
- Experienced with technical documentation / reporting in Bahasa Indonesia and English of PDAM Technical Assistance programs
- Excellent communication skills in Bahasa Indonesia and at least good in English
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel, powerpoint, etc)
- Having experience with USAID or Other Donors is an advantage
- Available on full-time basis in Surakarta, Central Java Region
Interested applicants are invited to send a complete application with 3 references to IUWASH_Plus_Recruitment@dai.com com before April 15, 2020. Please write the job CODE in the subject line of the email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.